Friday, March 16, 2012

Little Ram Island © Maud Guilfoyle



Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Little Ram Island © 2008

The first day of summer has come and gone, though we have been having summer heat a month ahead of time. With the warmth I am drawn to the sea. Even when I lived in the Southwest, the sea was always present, forever part of my childhood memories and later, often in my imagery as an artist. The sea is so immense, I suppose I took it for granted that it would always be there, overlooking plastic debris in spindrift, red tides, beach closings. I hope and pray all of humanity wakes up, and takes better care of these incredible gifts on earth.
I attended a birthday celebration honoring one of the founders of the art school where I teach-tasoc.org ...After many speeches, wonderful stories about how Mikhail Zakin touched other's lives, and reminiscing, Mikhail Zakin rose and spoke. I founds what she said very moving, and I paraphrase (forgive the misses) - " It is important to stay positive, especially in times like these. Also, it is so important to come out of yourself and work for something bigger."

No comments:

Post a Comment