Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Artists, e books and legacy work


Green Spring © Maud Guilfoyle, watercolor, 5 x 7 inches

 Chris Guillebeau writes about 'legacy work' in his book The Art of Nonconformity. After your living expenses are paid, think about what you can share or leave behind from your gifts and experience. The tips and resources in my artists' handbooks grew from my teaching experience and years of supporting myself as an artist. Art By Two is a memoir about growing up with my artist mother, Peregrine Higgins, and becoming an artist. I am in the process of organizing and curating Peregrine's work and will create several e books with her journals, figure drawings and portraits. This is a way to share an artist's life's work with the world. If printed books follow, that would be great. How many collections of artwork are sitting unknown, stacked in attics or basements? Present them into e books and get them out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment