Thursday, March 22, 2012

May Flowers © Maud Guilfoyle


Saturday, June 4, 2011
May Flowers © 2011
I just finished getting this framed and delivered for a silent auction benefit for my local library. I hope they do well with it, I can't imagine a life without a library, from childhood on. This painting was basically done a few years ago, but not quite right. When I sat down to work on it it just flowed.
Such a pleasure to paint again! I have been working on two big projects for months, one all but done the other close. One is a calendar for the art school where I teach. It shows art from faculty and from kids' art programs at the Art School at Old Church in Demarest, New Jersey. The other is an e-handbook for artists. The calendar should be finished and back from the printer in a week, and I am (or rather my husband is) proofing the third copy of the handbook. After formatting it for different devices, copyrighting it, and posting it, I look forward to just painting and teaching again. Graphic designers, proof readers and editors have my total respect after these two projects; I am so thankful to all the people who helped with these projects.


art books, flowers, green chair, hydragea, Maud Guilfoyle © 2011, peonies, roses, still life, tea mug 16 x 20"

No comments:

Post a Comment